Sunday, October 2, 2016

Put Quotes in Your Mental Toolbox

Favorite quotes are mini power tools for success and I guarantee all successful individuals carry around a mental bag full of them. Motivational, inspirational, contemplative and reflective, the quotes you keep in your arsenal for life's challenges are critical to maintain your focus and persistence. One of my favorites is from Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame Head Football Coach:  "Don't tell me how rocky the sea is, just bring the darn ship in." This direct, swift kick in the tail quote reminds me that regardless of how difficult life seems there is a job to be done and I need to get at it. You can always find an excuse not to do your best or to give up. This quote reminds me I have a choice and it motivates me to get moving if I want to be the best I can be despite obstacles. What's your motivating quote?